... Winter Weather Advisory in effect from 11 am Thursday to 1 am
The National Weather Service in Pendleton has issued a Winter
Weather Advisory for snow... which is in effect from 11 am
Thursday to 1 am PST Friday. The Winter Storm Watch is no longer
* Locations... Ellensburg... Thorp... Naches... Sunnyside...
Toppenish... Yakima... Connell... Prosser... Tri-Cities... Dayton...
Waitsburg... Walla Walla.
* Temperatures... in the lower to mid 20s.
* Snow accumulations... 2 to 5 inches for the Yakima and Kittitas
valleys. 1 to 3 inches in the lower Columbia Basin... including
the Tri Cities.
* Ice accumulations... a trace possible in the southern lower
Columbia Basin Thursday night.
* Timing... snow will develop late Thursday morning or midday then
increase in intensity Thursday afternoon and Thursday evening.
In addition... a wintry mix of snow... sleet and freezing rain is
possible Thursday night and Friday morning... especially south.
* Impacts... area roadways will be snow covered and slick.
Localized blowing snow is possible.
* Winds... north-northeast 10 to 15 mph with gusts up to 25 mph.
* Web page: for a detailed view of the hazard area visit
A Winter Weather Advisory for snow means that periods of snow
will cause primarily travel difficulties. Be prepared for snow
covered roads and limited visibilities... and use caution while
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Kittitas Valley Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Winter Weather Advisory
Issued: 10:10 PM PST Dec. 7, 2016 – National Weather Service