... Wind Advisory remains in effect until 9 PM CDT this evening...
* timing... strong winds will continue through the afternoon and early
* Winds... southerly winds from 30 to 40 mph with gusts to 50 mph.
* Impacts... driving will become difficult for high profile and
compact vehicles. Blowing dust is likely near open fields and
construction sites which may drastically reduce visibilities.
A Wind Advisory means that sustained winds of 30 to 39 mph are
expected. Adjust travel and outdoor activities accordingly.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Hockley Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Issued: 12:58 PM CDT Mar. 23, 2017 – National Weather Service
Fire Weather Watch
Issued: 3:29 PM CDT Mar. 23, 2017 – National Weather Service
... Fire Weather Watch remains in effect from Friday morning
through Friday evening for the southern half of the south and
rolling plains for 20 foot winds of 20 mph or more... relative
humidities of 15% or less and a high fire danger...
* wind... northwest, turning more northerly late afternoon, at 25
to 35 mph with gusts to 50.
* Humidity... falling to around 15%
* fuels... extremely dry.
* Impacts... any fires that develop can spread rapidly. Outdoor
burning is discouraged.
A Fire Weather Watch means that critical fire weather conditions
are forecast to occur. Monitor later forecasts and possible red