... High wind watch remains in effect from Tuesday morning through
* timing... Tuesday from 11 am until 7 PM.
* Winds... from the southwest at 35 to 45 mph with gusts to around
* Impacts... travel could become hazardous, especially for small
cars and large trucks. Lightweight outdoor objects could be
swept away if not secured. Blowing dust will reduce visibility,
especially near construction sites and open fields.
A high wind watch means there is the potential for a hazardous
high wind event. Sustained winds of at least 40 mph, or gusts of
58 mph or more may occur.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Briscoe Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
High Wind Watch
Issued: 6:12 AM CST Feb. 27, 2017 – National Weather Service
Fire Weather Watch
Issued: 6:08 AM CST Feb. 27, 2017 – National Weather Service
... Fire Weather Watch remains in effect from Tuesday morning
through Tuesday evening for the South Plains... far southern Texas
Panhandle and most of the rolling plains due to 20 foot winds of
20 mph or more... relative humidities of 15 percent or less and a
high fire danger...
* 20 foot winds... southwest winds will increase into the 25 to 35
mph range with gusts to near 50 mph on The Caprock. Winds speeds
will range from 20 to 30 mph with gusts in excess of 40 mph in
the rolling plains.
* Humidity... falling to near 15 percent.
* Fuels... are dry.
* Impacts... any fires that develop can spread rapidly. Outdoor
burning is discouraged.
A Fire Weather Watch means that critical fire weather conditions
are forecast to occur. Monitor later forecasts for possible red