... Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect from 4 PM this
afternoon to 10 am EST Monday...
* impacts... difficult to hazardous travel due to snow covered
roads, especially during the Monday morning commute.
* Locations... Saint Lawrence valley and northern Adirondacks of
* Hazard types... light to moderate snow.
* Accumulations... 3 to 6 inches of snow.
* Maximum snowfall rate... up to 1 inch per hour... mainly Monday
* Timing... light snow will overspread the area Sunday evening
and become moderate at times Sunday night through mid-morning
on Monday before tapering to scattered areas of light rain or
* Winds... southeast 10 to 15 mph with gusts up to 25 mph.
* Temperatures... slowly rising through the 20s Sunday night. Highs
on Monday around 30.
* Visibilities..as low as one half mile at times.
A Winter Weather Advisory for snow means that periods of snow
will cause travel difficulties. Be prepared for snow covered
roads and limited visibilities... and use caution while driving.
Please stay tuned to NOAA Weather Radio... your local media... or
go to www.Weather.Gov/Burlington for further updates on this
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Southwestern St. Lawrence Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Winter Weather Advisory
Issued: 3:31 AM EST Dec. 11, 2016 – National Weather Service