... Winter Storm Warning remains in effect until 1 PM EST
* locations... central New York and the northern tier of
* Hazard types... heavy wet snow... sleet... freezing rain and gusty winds.
* Accumulations... snow accumulation of 4 to 9 inches... along
with around a trace of ice.
* Timing... rain and sleet mixed with snow will change over to a
heavy mix of snow... sleet and freezing rain overnight into
Tuesday morning before precipitation diminishes in the
* Impacts... snow and ice accumulations will make many roads
treacherous and impassable.
* Winds... northeast 10 to 15 mph with gusts up to 25 mph.
* Temperatures... in the lower 30s.
A Winter Storm Warning means heavy snow and icing is expected or
occurring. Heavy snow with some ice is forecast that will make
travel very dangerous. Only travel in an emergency. If you must
travel... keep an extra flashlight... food... and water in your
vehicle in case of an emergency.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Northern Oneida Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Winter Storm Warning
Issued: 7:23 PM EST Jan. 23, 2017 – National Weather Service
Nearby Radar Stations
- Alder Creek
- Big Brook
- Blennes Corner
- Carmichael Hill
- Dunn Brook
- East Steuben
- Fink Hollow
- Flint Town
- Florence Hill
- Lee Center
- Long Crossing
- Maple Flats
- Merrick Corner
- Ninety Six Corners
- North Bay
- North Western
- Otter Lake
- Point Rock
- Redmond Corner
- Stokes Corner
- Thompsons Corner
- West Branch
- West Lee