... Winter Weather Advisory in effect from 7 PM this evening to
1 PM EST Monday...
The National Weather Service in Taunton has issued a Winter
Weather Advisory for snow... which is in effect from 7 PM this
evening to 1 PM EST Monday.
* Locations... northern Connecticut, as well as west, central and
* Hazard types... mainly snow, but a mix of ice is possible for
* Accumulations... 3 to 6 inches of snow. Along with up to a tenth
of an inch of ice in a narrow corridor in northern Connecticut
and areas of western and central Massachusetts south of the Mass
* Timing... snow begins this evening in Connecticut, then spreads
over the rest of the region thereafter. Snow changes to rain
during the early morning hours from south to north. Some light
freezing rain may accompany the changeover.
* Impacts... snow will accumulate overnight leading to hazardous
conditions by the morning commute especially on untreated
* Visibilities... one quarter to one half mile at times.
A Winter Weather Advisory means that periods of snow... sleet... or
freezing rain will cause travel difficulties. Be prepared for
slippery roads and limited visibilities... and use caution while
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Western Hampshire Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Winter Weather Advisory
Issued: 4:02 AM EST Dec. 11, 2016 – National Weather Service