... Winter Storm Warning remains in effect from 6 PM this evening
to midnight MDT Thursday night...
* locations include... Columbine, Hahns Peak, Toponas, Buford,
and Trappers Lake.
* Timing... snow showers increase in coverage and intensity
tonight and will continue through Thursday night. The heaviest
snow is expected late tonight.
* Snow accumulation... 8 to 14 inches with locally heavier
* Snow level... near 8500 feet this evening, dropping to mountain
bases by Thursday morning.
* Winds... west 10 to 20 mph with gusts up to 30 mph.
* Visibility... less than 2 miles in moderate snow and below 1
mile in heavier showers.
* Impacts... higher elevation roads and highways will become icy
and snow packed with areas of slushy conditions below the
passes. Main impacts primarily above 9000 feet.
A Winter Storm Warning means significant amounts of snow are
expected or occurring. Strong winds and blowing snow are also
possible. This will make travel very hazardous or impossible.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Elkhead and Park Mountains Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Winter Storm Warning
Issued: 1:05 PM MDT Apr. 26, 2017 – National Weather Service