Marine Weather for AN 658
Active Advisory: (US Severe Weather)
Forecast as of 9:44 PM EST on February 25, 2017
Small Craft Advisory in effect through Sunday morning
Coastal Waters From Nc Va Border To Currituck Beach Light Nc Out 20 Nm-
NW winds 15 kt...increasing to 15 to 20 kt with gusts to around 30 kt after midnight. Seas 5 to 6 ft with a dominant period of 9 seconds. A chance of showers late in the evening.
NW winds 15 to 20 kt...diminishing to 5 to 10 kt. Seas 4 to 5 ft with a dominant period of 9 seconds.
SW winds 5 to 10 kt. Seas 2 to 3 ft... mainly E swell with a dominant period of 9 seconds.
S winds 5 to 10 kt. Seas 1 to 2 ft...mainly se swell with a dominant period of 8 seconds.
S winds 10 kt. Seas 2 to 3 ft. A chance of showers.
S winds 10 to 15 kt. Seas 2 to 3 ft. A chance of showers.
SW winds 10 to 15 kt. Seas 3 to 4 ft. A chance of showers.
SW winds 10 to 15 kt. Seas 3 to 4 ft.
SW winds 15 to 20 kt. Seas 4 to 5 ft. A chance of showers.
W winds 15 kt. Seas 4 to 5 ft. A chance of showers.
NW winds 10 to 15 kt. Seas 3 to 4 ft.
Watches & Warnings
Small Craft Advisory
Issued: 9:45 PM EST Feb. 25, 2017 – National Weather Service
... Small Craft Advisory remains in effect until noon EST Sunday...
* winds... northwest 15 to 25 kt with gusts up to 30 kt.
* Seas... 3 to 6 feet.
A Small Craft Advisory means wind speeds of 25 to 33 knots and/or
seas of 5 feet or greater over the coastal waters are expected to
produce hazardous boating conditions to small craft.
Inexperienced mariners... especially those operating smaller
vessels... should avoid navigating in these conditions.
Mariners should pay close attention to the marine forecast... and
consider wind and sea conditions in planning.
Marine Weather Links
Tidal Potomac River and Maryland portion of Chesapeake Bay.
- Chesapeake Bay north of Pooles Island MD
- Chesapeake Bay from Pooles Island to Sandy Point MD
- Chesapeake Bay from North Beach to Drum Point MD
- Chesapeake Bay from Drum Point MD to Smith Point VA
- Tidal Potomac from Key Bridge to Indian Head MD
- Tidal Potomac from Indian Head to Cobb Island MD
- Tidal Potomac from Cobb Island MD to Smith Point VA
- Chesapeake Bay from Sandy Point to North Beach MD
- Choptank River to Cambridge MD and the Little Choptank River
- Tangier Sound and the inland waters surrounding Bloodsworth Island
Sandy Hook NJ to Fenwick Island de to 20 nm offshore and Delaware Bay
- Delaware Bay waters north of East Point NJ to Slaughter Beach DE
- Delaware Bay waters south of East Point NJ to Slaughter Beach DE
- Coastal waters from Cape May NJ to Cape Henlopen DE out 20 nm
- Coastal waters from Cape Henlopen to Fenwick Island DE out 20 nm
- Coastal waters from Great Egg Inlet to Cape May NJ out 20 nm
- Coastal waters from Little Egg Inlet to Great Egg Inlet NJ out 20 nm
- Coastal waters from Manasquan Inlet to Little Egg Inlet NJ out 20 nm
Virginia portion of the Chesapeake Bay...Currituck Sound and Atlantic coastal waters from Fenwick Island de to Currituck Beach Light NC out 20 nautical miles
- Coastal waters from Fenwick Island DE to Chincoteague VA out 20 nm
- Coastal waters from Chincoteague to Parramore Island VA out 20 nm
- Coastal waters from Parramore Island to Cape Charles Light VA out 20 nm
- Chesapeake Bay from Smith Point to Windmill Point VA
- Chesapeake Bay from Windmill Point to New Point Comfort VA
- Chesapeake Bay from New Point Comfort to Little Creek VA
- Currituck Sound
- Coastal waters from NC VA border to Currituck Beach Light NC out 20 nm
- Coastal Waters from Cape Charles Light to Virginia-North Carolina border out to 20 nm
Surf City NC to South Santee River SC out 20 nm
- Coastal waters from Surf City to Cape Fear NC out 20 nm
- Coastal waters from Little River Inlet to Murrells Inlet SC out 20 nm
- Coastal waters from Murrells Inlet to South Santee River SC out 20 nm
- Coastal waters from Cape Fear NC to Little River Inlet SC out 20 nm
South Santee River SC to Savannah GA out 20 nm and Savannah GA to Altamaha Sound GA out 60 nm...including Charleston Harbor and Grays Reef National marine Sanctuary
- Coastal waters from South Santee River to Edisto Beach SC out 20 nm
- Waters from Savannah GA to Altamaha Sound GA extending from 20 to 60 nm
- Coastal waters from Edisto Beach SC to Savannah GA out 20 nm
- Coastal waters from Savannah GA to Altamaha Sound GA out 20 nm ...including Grays Reef National Marine Sanctuary
Atlantic coastal waters from Altamaha Sound GA to Flagler Beach FL out to 60 nm
- Coastal waters from Fernandina Beach to St. Augustine FL out 20 NM
- Coastal waters from Altamaha Sound to Fernandina Beach FL out 20 NM
- Waters from Altamaha Sound GA to Fernandina Beach FL from 20 to 60 NM
- Waters from Fernandina Beach to St. Augustine FL from 20 to 60 NM
Atlc coastal waters from Flagler Beach to Jupiter Inlet out 60 nm
- Waters from Sandy Hook NJ to Fenwick Island DE from 20 to 40 nm
- Waters from Fenwick Island DE to Currituck Beach Light NC from 20 to 40 nm
- Waters from South Santee River SC to Savannah GA extending from 20 nm to 40 nm
- Chesapeake Bay from Little Creek VA to Cape Henry VA including the Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel
- York River
- Rappahannock River from Urbanna to Windmill Point
- James River from Jamestown to the James River Bridge
- Waters from Currituck Beach Light to Surf City NC from 20 to 40 nm
- Waters from Surf City NC to South Santee River SC from 20 to 40 nm
- 24.81218 from 27N-31N between 70W-77W Atlantic from 27N to 31N between 70W and 77W
- 24.81218 from 27N-31N between 65W-70W Atlantic from 27N to 31N between 65W and 70W
- 24.81218 from 27N-31N west of 77W Atlantic from 27N to 31N W of 77W
From S of Currituck Beach Light to N of Surf City NC out 20 nm... including the Albemarle and Pamlico sounds and The Monitor National marine Sanctuary
- Coastal waters from Oregon Inlet to Cape Hatteras NC out 20 nm
- Coastal waters from Ocracoke Inlet to Cape Lookout NC out 20 nm
- Coastal waters from Cape Hatteras to Ocracoke Inlet NC out 20 nm
- Coastal waters from Cape Lookout to Surf City NC out 20 nm
- Coastal waters from Currituck Beach Light to Oregon Inlet NC out 20 nm
- Albemarle Sound
- Pamlico Sound
Marine & Boating Location Search
Enter a coastal zip code for marine weather.
Coastal Water Temperatures
|Duck Pier, NC||48.0 °F|
|Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel, VA||46.9 °F|
|Oregon Inlet Marina, NC||61.0 °F|
|Money Point, VA||55.0 °F|
|Sewells Point, VA||52.0 °F|
Open Sea Buoy Information
|Place||ID||Sea Temp||Wave Height|
|Duck FRF 26m, NC||44100||50 °F||4.59 ft|
|Duck FRF, NC||44056||50 °F||4.27 ft|
|Cape Henry, VA||44099||50 °F||3.94 ft|
|Click the Station ID for daily observations and history.|
C-MAN Station Information
|Place||ID||Water Temp||Wave Height|
|Duck Pier, NC|
|Chesapeake Light, VA|
|3 AM||9 AM||3 PM||9 PM||3 AM||9 AM||3 PM||9 PM|
|FRF Pier, Duck, North Carolina:|
|2017-02-26||07:03 AM EST||High Tide||3.76|
|2017-02-26||01:19 PM EST||Low Tide||-0.41|
|2017-02-26||07:22 PM EST||High Tide||3.43|
|2017-02-27||01:31 AM EST||Low Tide||-0.47|
|2017-02-27||07:44 AM EST||High Tide||3.81|
|Kitty Hawk (ocean), North Carolina:|
|2017-02-26||07:02 AM EST||High Tide||3.80|
|2017-02-26||01:21 PM EST||Low Tide||-0.59|
|2017-02-26||07:21 PM EST||High Tide||3.46|
|2017-02-27||01:33 AM EST||Low Tide||-0.68|
|2017-02-27||07:43 AM EST||High Tide||3.84|
|2017-02-26||07:10 AM EST||High Tide||3.91|
|2017-02-26||01:26 PM EST||Low Tide||-0.43|
|2017-02-26||07:29 PM EST||High Tide||3.57|
|2017-02-27||01:38 AM EST||Low Tide||-0.49|
|2017-02-27||07:51 AM EST||High Tide||3.96|