West Slopes Northern Cascades and Passes
Statement as of 10:29 AM PDT die 09o March, anno 2014
The National Weather Service in Seattle has issued a
* Flood Warning for
the Snohomish river at Snohomish
* from this afternoon to Tuesday morning.
* At 10:00 am Sunday the stage was 22.0 feet.
* Flood stage is 25.0 feet.
* Moderate flooding is forecast.
* Forecast... the river will rise above flood stage around 3 PM
Sunday and crest near 27.4 feet around 11 PM Sunday. The river will
fall below flood stage Monday afternoon.
* Impact... at 27.0 feet... the Snohomish river will flood several
roads... including the Snohomish-Monroe Highway... and low areas of
the lower Snohomish valley that are not protected by levees. A
stage of 27 feet on the Snohomish river corresponds roughly to a
phase 2 in the Snohomish County flood program.
Lat... Lon 4786 12217 4789 12221 4796 12232 4809 12216 4794 12213
1024 am PDT sun Mar 9 2014
... Flood Warning extended until this evening...
The Flood Warning continues for
the Skykomish river near Gold Bar
* until this evening.
* At 9:00 am Sunday the stage was 15.1 feet.
* Flood stage is 15.0 feet.
* Minor flooding is occurring and minor flooding is forecast.
* Forecast... the river will continue to rise and crest near 15.2
feet around 11 am Sunday. The river will fall below flood stage
late this morning.
* Impact... at 15.0 feet... the Skykomish river will cause minor
flooding of low pasture lands and low lying roads... including
index-Galena Rd and tualco loop Rd. A stage of 15 feet on the
Skykomish river corresponds to a phase 2 in the Snohomish County
Lat... Lon 4774 12150 4780 12173 4780 12196 4793 12197 4794 12169
Statement as of 12:27 am PST on March 09, 2014
... Record daily maximum rainfall set at Seattle-Tacoma WA Airport...
A record rainfall of 1.27 inches was set at Seattle-Tacoma WA
Airport yesterday. This breaks the old record of 1.01 set in 1957.
Nearby Radar Stations