... Winter Storm Warning remains in effect until midnight EST
A Winter Storm Warning remains in effect until midnight EST
* Areas affected: portions of central and eastern Virginia.
* Hazards: snow and sleet.
* Accumulation: 3 to 5 inches... along with trace amounts of ice.
* Temperatures: dropping into the mid 20s by early evening.
* Winds: north 10 to 15 mph... gusts to 20 mph.
* Timing: snow will continue... heavy at times through 6 PM
PM... gradually ending from northwest to southeast between 6 PM
and 8 PM this evening.
* Impacts... roads will remain snow covered and slippery.
Visibility will be reduced below one-quarter mile at times...
making traveling dangerous.
A Winter Storm Warning means significant amounts of snow...
sleet... and ice are expected or occurring. Strong winds are also
possible. This will make travel very hazardous or impossible.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Westmoreland Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Winter Storm Warning
Statement as of 04:00 PM EST die 05o March, anno 2015