... Winter Weather Advisory in effect from midnight tonight to
7 PM EST Monday...
The National Weather Service in Wakefield has issued a Winter
Weather Advisory for central and south central Virginia which is
in effect from midnight tonight to 7 PM EST Monday. The Winter
Storm Watch is no longer in effect.
* Areas affected: central and south central Virginia.
* Hazards: snow... sleet and freezing rain.
* Accumulations: two to three inches of snow... and up to one tenth of
an inch of ice.
* Temperatures: lows Sunday night around 20. Highs late Monday in
the mid 30s.
* Timing: snow overspreading the area late Sunday night into
early Monday morning... then continuing through the morning
hours Monday. The snow is expected to change to sleet and
freezing rain late Monday morning or early afternoon... then
eventually rain through Monday afternoon and Monday evening.
* Impacts: hazardous travel due to snow and ice covered roads.
A Winter Weather Advisory means that periods of snow... sleet... or
freezing rain will cause travel difficulties. Be prepared for
slippery roads and limited visibilities... and use caution while
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Caroline Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Winter Weather Advisory
Issued: 3:54 AM EST Feb. 14, 2016 – National Weather Service