... Winter Storm Watch remains in effect from late Sunday night
through Monday evening...
* areas affected: central and south central Virginia.
* Hazards: snow... sleet and freezing rain.
* Accumulations: two to four inches of snow... and up two tenths
of an inch of ice.
* Temperatures: lows Sunday night from the upper teens to lower
20s. Highs late Monday from the lower to mid 30s northwest of
Richmond... to the mid to upper 30s elsewhere.
* Winds: north becoming southeast around 10 mph.
* Timing: snow overspreading the area late Sunday night into early
Monday morning... then continuing through the morning hours
Monday. The snow is expected to change to sleet and freezing
rain late Monday morning or early afternoon... then eventually
rain through Monday afternoon and Monday evening.
* Impacts: hazardous travel due to snow and ice covered roads.
A Winter Storm Watch means there is a potential for significant
snow... sleet... or ice accumulations that may impact travel.
Continue to monitor the latest forecasts.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Goochland Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Winter Storm Watch
Issued: 9:26 PM EST Feb. 13, 2016 – National Weather Service