Winter Weather Advisory
Statement as of 09:57 AM EST die 10o December, anno 2013
... Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect until 4 PM EST this
A Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect until 4 PM EST this
* Areas affected: central Virginia.
* Hazards: sleet and snow mixed becoming all snow.
* Accumulation: 1 to 2 inches.
* Timing: rain will transition to a mix of snow and sleet late
this morning... before becoming all snow mid-morning and
continuing into early afternoon.
* Impacts: travel conditions will be degraded due to a slushy
accumulation of snow and sleet... especially on bridges and
overpasses... and secondary roads.
A Winter Weather Advisory means that periods of snow... sleet... or
freezing rain will cause travel difficulties. Be prepared for
slippery roads and limited visibilities... and use caution while
You can also report snow and ice accumulations by posting to the
National Weather Service Wakefield Virginia facebook Page... or by
using the twitter hashtag... nwsakq.
Nearby Radar Stations