Winter Weather Advisory
Statement as of 04:26 PM EST die 05o December, anno 2013
... Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect from midnight
tonight to 10 PM EST Friday...
* accumulations... 4 to 6 inches south of Route 30 and 3 to 5
inches to the north.
* Timing... mixed rain... sleet and snow will develop through
midnight changing to mostly snow later tonight into Friday
morning then tapering off Friday evening.
* Winds... mainly less than 15 mph.
* Impacts... snow accumulation can make roads slick... requiring
lower speeds and greater distances between vehicles while
* Temperatures... falling into the upper 20s to lower 30s tonight
then holding nearly steady Friday.
* Visibilities... a quarter mile or less at times.
A Winter Weather Advisory is normally issued for a variety of
winter weather conditions such as light snow... blowing snow...
sleet... freezing rain and wind chills. While the weather will be
significant... the word advisory implies that severe winter
weather is not anticipated. Stay tuned to NOAA Weather Radio for
further details or updates.
Nearby Radar Stations