...Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect until 7 PM EST Friday...
The National Weather Service in Burlington continues the Winter Weather Advisory for snow and blowing snow...until 7 PM EST Friday.
* Locations...Saint Lawrence...Franklin and Clinton counties in northern New York.
* Hazard types...snow and blowing snow.
* Accumulations...3 to 6 inches of snow.
* Maximum snowfall rate...up to a half inch per hour...mainly overnight tonight into Friday morning.
* Timing...light snow will begin by early this evening and continue overnight...before tapering off to flurries on Friday afternoon.
* Impacts...snow and blowing snow will cause difficult driving conditions due to reduced visibilities and snow on roads...especially during the Friday morning commute.
* Winds...southwest 10 to 20 mph with gusts up to 30 mph.
* Temperatures...lows tonight around 20. Highs Friday 23 to 28.
* Visibilities...as low as one mile at times in snow and blowing snow.
A Winter Weather Advisory for snow and blowing snow means that visibilities will be limited due to a combination of falling and blowing snow. Use caution when traveling...especially in open areas.
Please stay tuned to NOAA Weather Radio...your local media...or go to www.Weather.Gov/Burlington for further updates on this weather situation.