... Wind chill warning remains in effect until 7 PM EST Sunday...
The National Weather Service in Burlington continues the wind
chill warning... until 7 PM EST Sunday.
* Locations... all of northern New York... as well as central and
* Hazard types... dangerously low wind chill values.
* Wind chill readings... 30 to 45 below... from the combination of
temperatures of 15 to 25 below zero... and northwest winds of 10
to 20 mph with gusts up to 30 mph.
* Timing... tonight and Sunday... with some improvement due to
lower wind speeds on Sunday.
* Impacts... potential frostbite and hypothermia.
A wind chill warning means the combination of very cold air and
strong winds will create dangerously low wind chill values. This
will result in frostbite and lead to hypothermia or death if
precautions are not taken.
Please stay tuned to NOAA Weather Radio... your local media... or
go to www.Weather.Gov/Burlington for further updates on this
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Southeastern St. Lawrence Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Wind Chill Warning
Issued: 11:37 PM EST Feb. 13, 2016 – National Weather Service