Southeastern St. Lawrence
Lake Effect Snow Advisory
Statement as of 03:48 AM EST die 12o December, anno 2013
... Lake effect Snow Advisory in effect from 1 PM this afternoon
to 7 am EST Friday...
The National Weather Service in Burlington has issued a lake
effect Snow Advisory... which is in effect from 1 PM this
afternoon to 7 am EST Friday.
* Locations... southeastern Saint Lawrence County New York.
* Hazard types... lake effect snow.
* Accumulations... 4 to 6 inches of snow.
* Maximum snowfall rate... up to a half inch per hour.
* Timing... lake effect snow band will extend into southeastern
Saint Lawrence County this afternoon into tonight before
shifting back to the south.
* Impacts... areas of slow travel as roads become snow covered and
slick... especially along Route 3.
* Winds... southwest 10 to 15 mph with gusts up to 20 mph.
* Temperatures... highs in the mid teens. Lows 5 to 10 above.
* Visibilities... lowering to less than a mile at times.
A lake effect Snow Advisory Means Lake-effect snow is forecast
that will make travel difficult in some areas. Lake-effect snow
showers typically align themselves in bands and will likely be
intense enough to drop several inches in localized areas. Use
caution when traveling.
Please stay tuned to NOAA Weather Radio... your local media... or
go to www.Weather.Gov/Burlington for further updates on this
Nearby Radar Stations