Winter Storm Warning
Statement as of 03:58 AM EDT die 12o March, anno 2014
... Winter Storm Warning remains in effect until 8 am EDT
* locations... Oneida... Onondaga... Madison... Yates... Seneca...
southern Cayuga... Steuben... and Schuyler counties.
* Hazards... heavy snow may make travel extremely hazardous. Snow
may mix with some sleet during the morning and early afternoon.
Blowing and drifting snow will develop this afternoon into
Thursday morning with dangerous wind chills developing.
* Accumulations... 10 to 18 inches of snow.
* Timing... rain will change to snow shortly after daybeak. The
snow may mix occasionally with sleet or rain during the morning.
All snow is expected by midday and continue through tonight.
Heavy snowfall is likely during the afternoon and evening.
* Temperatures... temperatures will be near freezing this morning
then drop into the single digits by Thursday morning. Temperatures
may drop rapidly early this afternoon causing a flash freeze on
* Winds... north winds increasing this afternoon to 15 to 25 mph
with gusts up to 35 mph and continuing through the overnight
* Impacts... hazardous travel due to blowing and drifting snow.
Rapid cooling may cause roads to freeze quickly.
A Winter Storm Warning means significant amounts of snow...
sleet... and ice are expected or occurring. This will make travel
very hazardous or impossible.
Please report snowfall and/or ice amounts to the National Weather
Service by calling toll free at 1-877-633-6772... or by email at
Nearby Radar Stations