... Flood Warning now in effect until Wednesday afternoon...
the Flood Warning continues for
the Northeast Cape fear near Burgaw.
* Until Wednesday afternoon.
* At 8:30 am Saturday the stage was 12.75 feet.
* Flood stage is 10.0 feet.
* Moderate flooding is occurring and moderate flooding is forecast.
* Forecast... the river will continue to fall to below flood stage by early
* Impact... at 12.5 feet... floodwaters cause roads to become impassable in the
River Bend, river birch and Alligator Lake subdivisions off Highway 53. These
areas become isolated due to the floodwaters and some evacuations may be
needed. In the Holly shelter estates subdivision, half of the area has water
on the roads due to floodwaters. Approximately 12 homes on old Maple Hill Road
off Shaw Highway become isolated.
Lat... Lon 3472 7798 3472 7786 3460 7776 3445 7779
3444 7788 3457 7788
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Inland Pender Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Issued: 9:46 AM EST Feb. 13, 2016 – National Weather Service