... Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect until noon EST
* locations... most of the North Carolina mountains... foothills
* Hazards... areas of black ice on roadways and other hard
* Timing... additional ice may form through daybreak... but ice will
begin to thaw by mid morning in sunny locations. Shady spots may
remain icy through noon.
* Impacts... potentially hazardous travel conditions due to
* Temperatures... in the upper teens to mid 20s at
daybreak... mostly rising into the 30s by noon.
A Winter Weather Advisory for black ice means that refreezing of
roads will occur... resulting in the development of widespread
black ice. Be prepared for very slippery roadways. Some roads
that appear clear may be covered by a thin layer of ice.
Stay tuned to NOAA Weather Radio or your favorite source of
weather information for the latest updates. Additional details
can be found at www.Weather.Gov/gsp.
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Avery Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Winter Weather Advisory
Statement as of 03:33 AM EST die 06o March, anno 2015