...Winter Storm Warning remains in effect until noon EST today... ...Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect from midnight tonight to noon EST Thursday...
* locations...Avery...Yancey...and Mitchell counties in North Carolina.
* Hazards...heavy snowfall accumulations this morning...mainly above 3500 feet. Additional light snow accumulations tonight into Thursday morning.
* Timing...snow will gradually taper off from the southwest through late morning. Snow showers are expected to redevelop later tonight and linger into Thursday morning.
* Accumulations...snow accumulations of 3 to 5 inches across the high elevations this morning...with up to a couple of inches possible below 3500 feet. Two to three inches of additional accumulation is expected tonight...especially on northwest facing slopes.
* Impacts...snow may accumulate on some high elevation roads this morning. Additional snow could accumulate on roads tonight...possibly resulting in hazardous driving conditions.
* Temperatures...in the lower 30s this morning and in the upper 20s tonight.
A Winter Storm Warning for heavy snow means severe winter weather conditions are expected or occurring. Significant amounts of snow are forecast that will make travel hazardous. If you must travel...keep an extra flashlight... food...and water in your vehicle in case of an emergency.
Please report snow and ice accumulations by calling the National Weather Service toll free at...1...800...2 6 7...8 1 0 1. Leave a message with your observation and the specific location where it occurred. You can also Post your report to National Weather Service Greenville Spartanburg facebook or tweet your report using hashtag nwsgsp.