...Winter Storm Watch in effect from Wednesday morning through Thursday morning...
The National Weather Service in Taunton has issued a Winter Storm Watch...which is in effect from Wednesday morning through Thursday morning.
* Locations...western Massachusetts and northern Connecticut.
* Hazard types...heavy snow.
* Accumulations...snow accumulation of 6 to 10 inches.
* Timing...a mixture of rain and snow Wednesday morning...should change to all snow by Wednesday afternoon and continue through Wednesday night.
* Impacts...this storm will significantly impact Holiday travel... making driving dangerous at times.
A Winter Storm Watch is issued for the potential of accumulating snow of 6 or more inches in a 12 hour period...or 8 or more inches in a 24 hour period. Anyone traveling in the next 24 to 36 hours should monitor later forecasts and be prepared to modify travel plans should winter weather develop.
For the latest updates...please visit our webpage at www.Weather.Gov/Boston
You can follow US on facebook at