...Winter Storm Warning remains in effect until 7 am EST Thursday...
* locations...northeast Connecticut...as well as portions of eastern and northeastern Massachusetts.
* Hazard types...heavy snow.
* Accumulations...snow accumulation of 4 to 8 inches.
* Timing...heaviest snow and sleet will occur from 1 PM to 8 PM.
* Impacts...this storm will significantly impact Holiday travel making driving dangerous at times. Visibilities in heavy snow expected to be significantly reduced to one quarter mile or less at times.
* Uncertainty...some uncertainty on exact snow amounts given sleet may mix with the snow at times.
A Winter Storm Warning is issued when an average of 6 or more inches of snow is expected in a 12 hour period...or for 8 or more inches in a 24 hour period. Travel will be slow at best on well treated surfaces...and quite difficult on any unplowed or untreated surfaces.