...Winter Storm Watch in effect from late tonight through Monday afternoon above 9500 feet...
The National Weather Service in Grand Junction has issued a Winter Storm Watch above 9500 feet...which is in effect from late tonight through Monday afternoon.
* Timing...snow is expected to develop late tonight and increase in intensity through the day on Sunday. The heaviest snow is anticipated to fall Sunday night.
* Snow accumulation...4 to 8 inches with locally higher amounts on south facing slopes.
* Snow level...initially around 9500 feet...but may drop below 8000 feet Sunday night.
* Winds...southwest 15 to 25 mph with gusts up to 40 mph.
* Impacts...High Mountain passes may become icy and snow packed. Back country roads traveled by hunters and other outdoor enthusiasts may become impassable due to Muddy and icy conditions.
A Winter Storm Watch means there is a potential for significant snow accumulations and/or blowing snow that may impact travel. Continue to monitor the latest forecasts.