...Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect from 9 am this morning to midnight MDT tonight above 9000 feet...
* timing...above 9000 feet...snow will increase this morning with frequent snow showers this afternoon. Snow will continue into the early evening hours before tapering off late this evening.
* Snow accumulation...2 to 5 inches with the highest amounts above 10000 feet. Little accumulation is expected below 9000 feet...although wet snow is likely.
* Snow level...around 9000 to 10000 feet this morning...dropping to around 9000 feet this afternoon.
* Winds...west 5 to 15 mph with gusts up to 25 mph.
* Impacts...mountain passes will become slick and treacherous. Travelers should be prepared for this early season snow with proper winter weather tires...and by carrying a winter weather emergency kit.
A Winter Weather Advisory means that periods of snow and/or blowing snow will cause travel difficulties. Be prepared for slippery roads and limited visibilities...and use caution while driving.