Elkhead and Park Mountains
Winter Weather Advisory
Statement as of 07:37 PM MDT die 10o March, anno 2014
... Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect until 6 PM MDT
A Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect until 6 PM MDT
* Timing: snowfall will begin increasing later this evening with
the heaviest snowfall between about 3 am MDT tonight and
* Snow accumulation: 4 to 8 inches.
* Winds: southwest 15 to 25 mph gusting to 40 mph... quickly
shifting to the west by midnight and diminishing. Winds will
become north 10 to 15 mph with gusts to 25 mph Tuesday
* Visibility: less than one mile at times in snow.
* Impacts: roads will become snow packed and icy including
Rabbit Ears Pass making travel difficult at times.
A Winter Weather Advisory means that periods of snow and/or
blowing snow will cause travel difficulties. Be prepared for
slippery roads and limited visibilities... and use caution while
Public Information Statement
Statement as of 7:50 PM MDT on March 10, 2014
... Record high temperature tied this afternoon...
In eastern Utah,
At Roosevelt, the high temperature reached 67 degrees. This tied
the record high for March 10th, last set in 1989.
Nearby Radar Stations