Marine Weather for LS 248
...Small Craft Advisory in effect from noon today to 6 PM EDT Tuesday...
The National Weather Service in Marquette has issued a Small Craft Advisory...which is in effect from noon today to 6 PM EDT Tuesday.
* Wind and waves during the small craft advisory: expect sustained winds of up to 28 knots from the north...with gusts up to 30 knots. The largest expected significant waves will be 10 feet with a maximum wave height of up to 14 feet possible.
* Timing: the maximum winds are expected around 9 PM EDT Monday with the largest waves expected around 11 PM EDT Monday.
Please see the latest marine forecasts for more detailed information.
A Small Craft Advisory means that wind speeds of 22 to 33 knots are expected to produce hazardous wave conditions to small craft. Inexperienced mariners...especially those operating smaller vessels should avoid navigating in these conditions.
Marine Weather Maps
Click any area for a Zone forecast. Click the Station ID for station data.
Marine Weather Links
Waters within five nautical miles of shore on Lake Superior
- Two Harbors to Duluth MN
- Duluth MN to Port Wing WI
- Silver Bay Harbor to Two Harbors MN
- Taconite Harbor to Silver Bay Harbor MN
- Grand Marais to Taconite Harbor MN
- Grand Portage to Grand Marais MN
- Port Wing to Sand Island WI
- Sand Island to Bayfield WI
- Chequamegon Bay-Bayfield to Oak Point WI
- Oak Point to Saxon Harbor WI
Waters within five nautical miles of shore
- Saxon Harbor WI to Black River MI
- Black River To Ontonagon MI
- Ontonagon to Upper Entrance of Portage Canal MI
- Upper Entrance of Portage Canal to Eagle River MI
- Eagle River to Manitou Island MI
- Manitou Island to Point Isabelle MI
- Point Isabelle to Lower Entrance of Portage Canal MI
- Portage Lake to Huron Island MI to Lower Entrance of Portage Canal To Huron Islands MI Including Keweenaw and Huron Bays
- Huron Islands to Marquette MI
- Marquette to Munising MI
- Munising to Grand Marais MI
- Grand Marais to Whitefish Point MI
- Green Bay North of line from Cedar River MI to Rock Island Passage
- 5NM East of a line from Fairport MI to Rock Island Passage
- Seul Choix Point to Point Detour MI
Waters beyond five nautical miles of shore on Lake Superior
- Lake Superior East of a line from Manitou Island to Marquette MI and West of a line from Grand Marais MI to the US/Canadian Border Beyond 5NM from shore
- Lake Superior from Grand Marais MI to Whitefish Point MI 5NM off shore to the US/Canadian border
- Lake Superior west of a line from Saxon Harbor WI to Grand Portage MN beyond 5NM
- Lake Superior West of Line from Manitou Island to Marquette MI Beyond 5NM from shore
- Lake Superior from Saxon Harbor WI to Upper Entrance to Portage Canal MI 5NM off shore to the US/Canadian border including Isle Royal National Park
- Lake Superior from Upper Entrance to Portage Canal to Manitou Island MI 5NM off shore to the US/Canadian Border
Waters within five nautical miles of shore on lakes Huron... Michigan and Superior
- Whitefish Bay (U.S. Portion)/Whitefish Point to Point Iroquois MI
- St. Marys River Point Iroquois to E. Potagannissing Bay
- Norwood MI to 5NM West of Mackinac Bridge including Little Traverse Bay
- St Ignace to False Detour Channel
- 5NM East of Mackinac Bridge to Presque Isle Light MI including Bois Blanc Island
- Seul Choix Point to 5NM West of Mackinac Bridge
- Straits of Mackinac within 5 nm of Mackinac Bridge including Mackinac Island
Waters beyond five nautical miles of shore on Lake Michigan
- Lake Michigan from Seul Choix Point to Rock Island Passage 5NM offshore to Mid Lake
- Lake Michigan South of a line from Seul Choix Point to the Mackinac Bridge and North of a line from Charlevoix MI to South Fox Island 5NM offshore
Lake Huron forecast beyond five nautical miles from shore
Marine & Boating Location Search
Enter a coastal zip code for marine weather.
Coastal Water Temperatures
|No Stations Reporting|
Open Sea Buoy Information
|Place||ID||Sea Temp||Wave Height|
|Portage Canal||45023||44 °F||1.31 ft|
|78NM Northeast of Marquette, MI||45004||42 °F||1.64 ft|
|MID SUPERIOR 60NM North Northeast Hancock, MI||45001||43 °F||1.64 ft|
|N MICHIGAN Halfway between North Manitou and Washington Islands||45002||52 °F||4.92 ft|
|Click the Station ID for daily observations and history.|
C-MAN Station Information
|Place||ID||Water Temp||Wave Height|
|Stannard Rock, MI||STDM4|
|Passage Island, MI||PILM4|
Not for navigation. Do not rely on this data for decisions that can result in harm or damage.